- a subscription to Pragmatics: Quarterly Publication of the International Pragmatics Association (600 pp. per year, issues due in March, June, September, December); as of 2009 members have access to the online version; paper copies can be obtained at extra expense
- the right to vote on all issues pertaining to the life of the Association, as stipulated in the IPrA Constitution
- access to the facilities of the IPrA Research Center / Antwerp Center for Pragmatics
- the right to submit abstracts for participation in the International Pragmatics Conferences and, upon acceptance of the abstract, the right to present the accepted paper during the conference
membership is valid only for the calendar year during which you become a member (or renew your membership), even if this is already late in the year; for that year you will always get access to the publications you are entitled to, though there may be a significant delay for paper copies (even into the next year) if your application is very late (e.g. if you wait until the time of abstract submission for a conference)
Other membership benefits:
Special offer on the online versions of the Handbook of Pragmatics and the Bibliography of Pragmatics
- discount on the Journal of Pragmatics, Elsevier (for more information visit: www.elsevier.com/locate/pragma or contact JournalCustomerServicefirstname.lastname@example.org or JournalsCustomerServiceEMEA@elsevier.com
- 20 % discount on personal subscriptions to Research on Language and Social Interaction, Journal of Narrative and Life History, Language Acquisition, Language and Cognitive Processes, Metaphor and Symbolic Activity by Lawrence Erlbaum Associates (full information at http://www.erlbaum.com/inform.htm)
30 % discount on any volume from the series Pragmatics & Beyond New Series, Studies in Language and Social Interaction, Human Cognitive Processing, Discourse Approaches to Politics, Society and Culture, Dialogue Studies and Studies in Narrative by John Benjamins (Philadelphia/Amsterdam), and a low price for individual subscriptions (including access to the online editions) to their journals Pragmatics and Society, Pragmatics & Cognition, Journal of Historical Pragmatics, Journal of Language and Politics, Narrative Inquiry, Studies in Chinese Language & Discourse, Language & Dialogue, Spanish in Context, Topics in Humor Research, and Gesture, as well as to the Handbook of Pragmatics (full information from www.benjamins.com, email@example.com). Note the SPECIAL OFFER on personal subscriptions to the Handbook of Pragmatics online and Bibliography of Pragmatics online.
- various discounts on personal subscriptions to the Cambridge University Press journals Annual Review of Applied Linguistics, Applied Psycholinguistics, Journal of Child Language, Language in Society, Language Variation and Change, Studies in Second Language Acquisition (for information on these journals: http://www.cup.org/)
- a discount on personal subscriptions to The International Journal of Bilingualism, Kingston Press (contact Kingstonpress@compuserve.com)
- a discount on personal subscriptions to the Journal of Sociolinguistics, Blackwell (details from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- a discount on personal subscriptions to the Mouton de Gruyter journals Communication & Medicine, Journal of Politeness Research, Intercultural Pragmatics, and TEXT&TALK (formerly TEXT) (contact email@example.com; Rhenus Medien Logistik, Justus-von-Liebig.Str. 1, 86899 Landsberg, Germany; tel +49-(0)8191-97000-881; fax +49-(0)8191-97000-103; from the USA, Canada and Mexico: firstname.lastname@example.org; Walter De Gruyter, P.O. Box 960, Herndon, VA 20172-0960; tel +1-(703) 661 1589; fax +1-(703) 661 1501)
- 25% discount on personal subscriptions to the Routledge journal Critical Discourse Studies (full information at http://www.tandfonline.com/action/pricing?journalCode=rcds20 and from Customer Services at email@example.com
25% discount on personal subscriptions to the Equinox journal East Asian Pragmatics (full information at http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/EAP/index; contact Subscription Customer Services Manager Yvonne Nazareth at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- discounts on a variety of individual publications of which members are periodically notified.
To make use of the above discounts, present proof of membership with your order, which has to be placed directly with the publishers.