As of 2009, the IPrA Consultation Board has decided to make use of the possibilities for online publishing. Pragmatics will henceforth be available in the following manner:
- paper copies are sent to subscribing libraries (for which also a system of online IP-access is available)
- discount members get online access
- full-paying members have a choice between online access (regular fee) or online access + a paper copy (for a higher membership fee)
- free paper copies are still sent to libraries in countries with serious currency restrictions and with less-developed internet facilities
- online access is given free of charge to non-paying individual members in countries with serious currency restrictions
Moreover, after an embargo period of 12 months during which online access is only available for members (whether discount, full-paying or non-paying) and subscribing libraries (with IP-access), all published materials are placed in open access.
NEW! In partnership with John Benjamins Publishing Company, an open-access archive for all issues of Pragmatics (volumes 1 through 23) is now available at the John Benjamins website.
CURRENT ISSUES are available to members and subscribing libraries. Click 'Current issues', which will (have) appear(ed) in the left-hand column after going online through the network of a subscribing library (with IP-access) or after log-in with the IPrA member's user name and password. For non-member access to the full table of contents, click here. If you want to become a member, click here, and for library subscription information here.
THE ARCHIVE IN OPEN ACCESS is made available through the John Benjamins website.
For access to the archives of IPrA Papers in Pragmatics (the presursor to Pragmatics, published from 1987 to 1990, edited by Alessandro Duranti and Bambi Schieffelin; ISSN 2406-419X, e-ISSN 2406-4246), click here.